Friday, October 3, 2008

okay, but that's IT!

I promised myself I'd stop working on this. My goal is to put together some rudimentary documentation, post the source and be done with it for a while. But lying in bed tonight unable to sleep seemed unproductive, so I implemented another selection strategy in addition to the generational/constant population approach, which is to killing off all a-lifes below an energy threshold and breeding those above. This now happens pretty frequently, and the results seem to be much faster evolution.

1 comment:

Evomind said...

So.. What is this selection strategy? And.. could you make the world larger? :-). I'm running it again, but in this version I see a lot less "mixing up"or shaking at each generation, and the generation counter is gone :-(. So somehow, the evolution is quite different :-). It nicely demonstrates that the creatures are "shaped" by the environment.. so make a more complex environment, pretty please ;-).

Thanks!

-Rudolf
www.evomind.com