Thursday, July 31, 2008

Open-sourcing VatLife

I just set up an SourceForge location for VatLife.

However, I don't plan to upload it just yet. While I just don't have the time, resources or knowledge to develop the "perfect" framework, and my plan was always to release a rough cut that might inspire others or be picked up by better developers than I, for VatLife to get any traction at all I think it will need some documentation and better examples. I'd rather have this make a splash later than a thud now.

Given that this is a side project of mine and I don't have that much spare time to work on it, let's figure it will be at least a few weeks before this goes on-line.

I consider that the GreyThumb SV presentation was a launch of a concept more than a launch of the technology itself - and again, I'd welcome feedback of all sorts. Well, most sorts anyway. ;)

No comments: